I firmly believe that there are core makeup pieces that everyone should own. A red lipstick, a coral blusher, a dewy foundation… there are some classics that should be present in every makeup bag.
This is a new series on the Only Nature Blog called the makeup wardrobe. I’ll be guiding you through the products you should have in your makeup arsenal, so that you can master any flattering makeup look.
First up, is The Eyeshadow Wardrobe.
1. The copper shadow – flattering on all skin tones and eye colours, copper looks great in a softly blended line to a smoky eye – it can be pretty for day time or dramatic for night time.
2. The skin tone shadow – a shadow close to your own skin tone works well in two ways. Firstly, as a day time shadow to brighten up the eye area and make you look more awake, secondly as a base for colour – making it easier to blend and last longer.
3. The black brown shadow – black brown colour is softer than black alone and can be used as a liner, or in the crease of the eye for a dramatic look.
4. The bright shadow – choose a colourful shadow which complements your eye colour. Blue eyes suit orange tones, green eyes looks great with lilac and brown and hazel eyes look gorgeous with pinks and greens.
4. The shimmery shadow – a pale golden or silver shadow is a must have. Use it in the corners of your eyes to brighten up your whole face, make your eyes bigger and make you look more awake.