Silk'n™ Hair Removal System
Silk'n is a personal combined-energy based device for long term hair removal. Silk'n HPL is based on "Home Pulsed Light" (HPL) technology which is a patented system. In additon to HPL, the handheld machine uses an acoustic effect that improves the normal process of photoepilation, so permitting long term hair removal with low levels of optical energy without the need to cool the skin.
Before we go too far, let me make it very clear that this is not a toy, neither will it be suitable for everyone. You must go through the list of do's and dont's BEFORE you even think about buying this system.
Your main options, up to now, for hair removal has been the use of shavers or blades, waxing and depilatories. Silk'n is the first, near medical grade laser that may be sold for home use.
Silk'n HPL will treat most skin but NOT skin types 4 to 6 (ie dark skin) which will still have to be treated in a clinic. You will need to use the HPL system on a regular basis and will need about 8 to 9 treatments to stop about 90% of the hair growing (in the treated area) but if you subsequenlty have no treatment for about 6 months, roughly 50% will return.
- You have a pacemaker or internal defibrillator
- Any active infection in the treatment area such as sores, Psoriasis, Eczema and rash.
DO NOT consider buying Silk'n HPL if ANY of the following apply to you:
- Impaired immune system due to immunosuppressive diseases such as AIDS and HIV or use of immunosuppressive medications
- Tattoo or permanent makeup in the treatment area
- If you have any history of heat stimulated diseases such as recurrent Herpes Simplex in the treatment area which may be only treated after a prophylactic regime.
- Use of medication and herbs known to induce photosensitivity within the last six months before any treatment. These include, for example, Isotretinoin (Accutane), Tetracyclines or St. John's Wort (the latter 2 within the last 2 weeks)
- Temporary mild discomfort from treatment
Possible side effects:
- Diseases which may stimulated by light at the wavelengths used, such as a history of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (aka Lupus), Porphyria and Epilepsy.
- Needle epilation, waxing or tweezing with the last 6 weeks before treatment.
- A history of skin disorders, keloids, abnormal wound healing as well as very dry and fragile skin
- Severe concurrent (i.e. ongoing) conditions such as cardiac disorders
- Avoid tanning the area to be treated. Use a complete sunblock for 3 weeks before treatment.
Other bits to consider:
The Silk'n system involves the use of a laser light "cartridge" which lasts for 2 full body treatments (... of the hairy bits). There are two cartridges that come with the system and replacements cost between £40 and £45 each.
The main limitation of the home based system is the depth of penetration of the pulse. A clinic based system can get right down the the hair bulb, what you are doing with this system is affecting the start of the hair gowing cycle and destroying the precursors to hair growth that repopulate after the catagen-anagen cycle.
It is a good idea to keep a clinic appointment if you need more extensive treatment. Silk'n HPL will not kill the shaft. They work on the bulge, not the follicle. A suggested protocol is to use the system every two weeks for the first 4 treatments and then whenever the hair grows - so about once a month or so. You use this system instead of waxing or shaving.
Silk'n HPL NOTE: NO FURTHER DISCOUNT ON THIS ITEM!!
NOTE: All machines are opened and tested, purely for correct operation, by us, before dispatch!
We can presently deliver this item to the United Kingdom and the following countries only: Andorra, Austria, Azores, Balearic Islands, Belgium, Canary Islands, Corsica, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Madeira, Monaco, Netherlands, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
Shop Home Page >>>>>
Find what you want quickly, enter product name, code, anything!
+44 (0) 1753 889529