Top 5 Products to Battle a Breakout
IT's never nice to be faced with a breakout, whether it appears after one too many drinks, a touch too much sugar, hormonal changes, stress or simply 'because', breakouts can really put a downer on the day. That's why I like to keep a stash of emergency breakout busting products, to whip out when I feel a breakout coming on, to prevent one from appearing during times of stress, or to clear up an existing breakout. These are my top five products to battle those breakouts, and you can find all of them at Only Nature.
- Algologie Purifying Mask - unlike most masks which work to prevent breakouts, this one tackles them as they occur. It is a spot treatment mask which you apply only to the problem areas to help clear them up and let the skin heal.
- Dr Sebagh Deep Exfoliating Masque - used weekly, this mask helps keep pores clear and clean from dirt, debris and oils which can harbour bacteria and create a ticking time bomb when it comes to spots and acne.
- Exuviance Blemish Treatment Gel - this gel works on existing pimples to dry them up and clear out the affected pore. It works wonderfully overnight, helping purge the infection so the skin heals faster.
- Jan Marini Benzoyl Peroxide Facial Wash - this does wonders at keeping the pores purifies and cleansed, whilst also reducing inflammation. Benzoyl Peroxide is a wonder treatment for acne and this wash does a great job at clearing spots without drying the skin.
- GloMinerals Corrective Camouflage Kit - while waiting for the breakout to heal, use this excellent correcting makeup from GloMinerals, which does wonders at hiding redness and pigmentation associated with spots and post acne scarring.